The money raised helps us provide all round care and support.
Even the smallest donations can help make real change to families with the services we can offer them.
How we use the funds
Funds raised by the Foundation since 2012 to 31 March 2020 total £4,147,842
Which have been spent as follows:
- Activity Centre running costs £2,235,744
- Funded Short Break stays £146,074
- 2013/14 Lilac sensory room refit £29,000
- 2014/15 Sensory room refits, new equipment, outdoor sensory equipment £198,000
- 2015/16 Additional sensory room equipment £39,000
- 2016/17 Expansion and refurbishment of the hydrotherapy pool £500,000
- 2016/17 New sensory playground equipment £21,000
- 2019/20 Initial works to create an additional room for residents with an acquired brain injury £13,346
Disbursed to St Cuthbert’s Care for charitable purposes
On fundraising costs, principally the cost for the annual Foundation Ball
On Alan Shearer Foundation administration
Volunteer your spare time to help others.
For more information about volunteering, contact us